Join us for an awesome experience showing off the very best of the Mackenzie with an alpine landing high on one of our local Sheep Stations to enjoy stunning views of Lake Tekapo and the mountains.
One of our most popular helicopter flights, the “Mackenzie Explorer” is a great experience summer or winter.
- Seeing the turquoise blue water of beautiful Lake Tekapo and the local rivers that fed into the lake.
- Flying around Lake Tekapo Village
- Mt John Observatory
- Mt Hay, Glenmore & Godley Peaks High Country Sheep Stations – see the family homesteads and higher up hill country where the merino sheep roam
- Experience a wonderful alpine landing at 5500′ (snow only in winter)
- Lake Alexandrina with it’s fresh spring fed water contrasting starkly with glacial fed Lake Tekapo
- Ancient glacial deposits including massive “erractics” left behind as ice melted during the last ice-age